New Market Skills Center!
If you do not see the link, refresh your browser and/or clear your cache.
Summer School Information
- Online application process opened Friday, March 15th at 8:00 am
- Summer School Sessions:
- Session 1: June 24th - July 15th (No school July 4th and 5th)
- Session 2: July 16th - August 2nd
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 2:30 (Early release on last day of each session is at 1:30 pm)
- Open House: Thursday, May 9th, from 5:00 - 7:00 pm (cash or check only if program fee applies)
- Currently accepting payment Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm in our Administrative Office or mail check to us with your student's name included
- Transportation and lunch costs are the responsibility of the individual and family
2013-2014 applications available NOW!
2012-2013 Enrollment begins on the last Monday of every month
- Students must attend a New Market Orientation
- Orientations are every Friday at 8:15 and 11:30
- Call (360) 570-4500 for more information
- Click here for enrollment paperwork
2013 Open House and Car Show
Thursday, May 9th from 5:00 - 7:00 pm
New Market's annual Scholarship Night will be held May 21st at 7:00 in Building D.
The final day of the 2012-2013 school year is now Friday, June 14th due to the weather closure on December 18th.
Pre-Vet wants to Wash Your Dog!
The Pre-Veterinary Technician holds a dog wash every Friday. Please call 570-4442 for more information or to make an appointment.
The New Market Deli is open! Click here.
Inclement Weather information
In the event of inclement weather during the winter months, go to www.SchoolReport.org to obtain up-to-the-minute school closure and emergency information. Schoolreport.org is a website that more than 125 school districts, colleges, and private schools in the Puget Sound region use to alert the public of emergency information via the internet and media. News media will be notified by the Tumwater School District if schools are to be closed or the start of classes delayed because of weather or other unfavorable conditions. Ordinarily information will be broadcasted about 6:00 a.m. on area radio and TV stations, however, the local radio stations will give the most re-cent updates.
Recorded information may be obtained by calling 709-7999 or go to the Tumwater School District website at www.tumwater.k12.wa.us.
This information is made available to the parents and students in order to minimize telephone calls to the school offices and the transportation office.
Radio Stations (announcements made every 15-30 minutes): AM Radio - KGY 1240, KLAY 1180, KLSY 92.5, KIRO 710, KOMO 1000, KLAY 1180 FM Radio KGY 96.9, KLSY 92.5, KMPS 94.1, KXXO 96.1, KMTT 103.7
If a student is going to be absent...
With winter in full swing, illness and weather is playing a factor in attendance at New Market. We appreciate your continued efforts to get to class as often as possible, but some absences are unavoidable. If a student is going to miss class, please do one of the following...
Call the instructor (phone list)
Call the Student Services Office - (360) 570-4501
Email the instructor (email list)
Please do not call the main office for absences. The main office staff is extremely busy and may not have time to take your call and/or excuse student absences properly.
For a full description of New Market's attendance policy, please click here.
New Market Skills Center
7299 New Market Street SW
Tumwater, WA 98501-6536
phone: (360) 570-4500
fax: (360) 570-4502